Thursday, July 11, 2013

Makeup For Beginners

Hi beauties! My neighbor had been complimenting me on her makeup, saying it was very age appropriate, and that she would like me to take her daughter shopping to get her makeup! I was so honored! Her daughter is going into eighth grade and has never really wore makeup before. I suggested going to Ulta. They have some high-end products, but they also have some drugstore, plus NYX and Real Techniques. If we went to Sephora or MAC she would've been buying all high-end products and would've spent a TON of money! 

So on Tuesday we went to Ulta. The first thing we picked up for her was Tarte BB cream. I thought this was a good idea because she doesn't have enough acne to need a full coverage foundation. So she could make her skin look good, and improve it at the same time! We also picked up Rimmel Stay Matte for her oily skin, NYX HD concealer for her under eyes, and NYX blush in Summer peach! For gloss she got NYX Mega Shine gloss in the color Beautiful. I thought these were all very good for a beginner with makeup, and a very natural looking complexion. 

For eyes, we did not pick up an eyeshadow primer because we didn't go to MAC. I would have had her get a MAC paint pot because that is my favorite eyeshadow primer! We did get the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, and a trio of Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils. She did already have a mascara, but for a mascara I would have recommended Lights Camera Lashes by Tarte. It is one of my favorites and is a beautiful mascara that gives natural volume and length. 

For brushes I thought it would be best for her to get an eye kit, so we picked up the Real Techniques Starter Set which contains four eye brushes, and a brow brush. For face, she got my three of my must have brushes, which are my Expert Face, Powder, and Blush brushes. Even though she didn't get foundation, I believe that the Expert Face brush will make her BB cream look flawless and will give it more coverage. 

I believe that this is a very good way to get started with makeup. It is very natural but is beautiful at the same time. I always see a lot of younger girls relying heavily on bronzer, and giving themselves raccoon eyes! Makeup shouldn't be about completely changing your appearance, just enhancing your natural beauty. I was so excited to be asked to take my neighbor shopping for makeup, instead of her mom just taking her and letting a worker do it. That really boosted my confidence and I felt so honored that she wanted me to help her daughter! I hope this helps if you are a beginner with makeup or get the option to help a beginner! Please leave a comment if you have any questions and I would be happy to answer them! 
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment