Monday, July 8, 2013

Real Techniques Brush Review

Hi lovelies! I have recently purchased some Real Techniques brushes so I thought I should share my opinions on them! I like how the Real Techniques brushes are made with synthetic bristles, which transfer liquid products instead of absorbing them. The bristles are super soft and do not shed! I own the Core Collection, Stippling brush, Powder brush, Blush brush, and Expert Face brush.
 Real Techniques can be found at Ulta, Walmart, Target.com, Amazon and are now sold on their website which is www.realtechniques.com

The Core Collection comes with a Contour brush, Foundation brush, Detailer brush, and Buffing brush.                                              (from left to right in the picture)

 The Contour brush is my favorite brush in this collection! I use it with a bronzer to define my cheekbones and other parts of my face. The Foundation brush is one that I have not used very much. It is very small and takes a lot of time to apply foundation all over my face. The Small detailer brush is used for concealer. I do not wear concealer so I don't use the brush for this purpose, but it is very nice for blending and smudging out eyeliner. The Buffing brush is for mineral powders. This is a good way to give mineral makeup more coverage.  

The Powder Brush is amazing! The bristles are so soft and makes applying powder easy. This brush is very large and fluffy. I use this to apply setting powder. On days when I need a little more color I use this brush in some bronzer to give me some color all over my face.

The Blush brush is a great multipurpose brush. It is great for blush, less-precise contouring, and powder! I use this brush everyday and would hate to replace it with anything else. It is great for an all over bronzing, and blends product on to your face very nicely.

The Expert Face brush is my favorite brush to apply foundation! It makes applying foundation so easy! It buffs the product into your skin so nicely, and covers almost evrything! I even use this to apply tinted moisturizer or BB Cream to make that look flawless! It does leave a few brush strokes so i recommend just dabbing over your foundation with a clean Beauty Blender or clean sponge!

The Stippling brush is my favorite to apply my Pro Longwear foundation from MAC. It makes my foundation look very even and flawless. It is my favorite stippling brush! I also use this brush to apply liquid or cream highlighters to my cheekbones!





From Left to Right- Powder, Blush, Expert Face, and Stippling Brush
This photo is not mine.

                   

 

2 comments:

  1. Great post and review on Real Techniques brushes!! Loved your detailed description of the brushes and what they are best used for - can't wait to read more posts, keep 'em coming!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great first post! It was very detailed and thorough. Let me know if you need any help ;) - shoot me an e-mail at abeautymoment10@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete