Monday, July 15, 2013

My Skincare Routine and Products

Hello lovelies! So this will be my skincare routine. First, let me tell you about my skin. I am "naturally dewy" ;), and no longer have severe acne, but I do have a lot of scarring on my right side of my face. I have a lot of white heads on my chin and nose. I used to have pretty bad acne, but I went on a medication and now I only get very minor breakouts.  I do use a Benzoyl Peroxide wash and a Retinol, but I did not have them with me. I don't have a specific routine because I do have a lot of skincare items, but these are the ones I use the most frequently. These are my weapons of choice. Oh and sorry for the super edited pictures, I went a little crazy with Picmonkey.

    

I will start off with my morning routine. I am the kind of girl who likes to shower at night. But in the morning I will do a light cleanse with my Oil Free Acne Wash from Neutrogena, and moisturize with my Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I feel like I can easily get my skin clean, and moisturize before putting on my makeup. I think a lot of moisturizers are too thick and take too long to absorb into my skin and can feel greasy.
 
At night before I shower, I take off my makeup with my Hydrating Makeup Removing Wipes from Neutrogena. In the shower I use my Mario Badescu Eye Makeup Remover Gel. Try to avoid putting this on with super wet fingers, because it will dilute the product too much and not work very well. Sometime during my shower I will use my Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser with my Clarisonic brush. I do this about 3 or 4 times a week. On nights when I don't exfoliate, I cleanse with my PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide foaming cleanser. These together could get drying, so I alternate using them. The PanOxyl cleanser was recommended to me by my dermatologist, and can be found at Walgreens. I absolutely love that cleanser! It works miracles for my skin and has played a very large role in getting rid of my acne.
 
Right after I get out of the shower I apply my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I am obsessed with this moisturizer because it is just soo light and feels so refreshing and cooling on your skin! I put this on after my shower because my pores are open and my skin just soaks it up. Before I go to bed, I apply my Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector to my acne scars. I have only been using this for about a month now and I haven't seen a super dramatic improvement in my skin yet, but some products do take a little bit to show improvement. I then use my Clearasil Rapid Action Clearing Treatment Gel and Retinol on my problem areas because I don't want to dry out my skin. After that dries, I moisturize again with Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. I am obsessed with Clinique moisturizers and I would recommend them to anyone! I have oily skin but I do get really dry in the winter, and Clinique saves my skin! Clinique has moisturizers for both dry and oily skin. I know  people with dry skin who use Clinique and can rave about it as much as I do. I hope this helps anyone! Let me know your favorite skincare products and feel free to leave any questions!










2 comments:

  1. Loved this post!! I love your Clarisonic and I really want to try to the Clinique products!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! :) You totally should, I love clinique moisturizers, they are the best! And their cleansers are really good too! :))

    ReplyDelete