Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush vs. Sigma F80

Helllooo lovelies! So, for the past week or two I have been trying out the very popular, Sigma Flat Top Kabuki. I have loved my Expert Face Brush, but saw so much rave about the F80, I figured it was worth a try! I know almost everyone has this brush, and I can't believe it took me this long to try it, but I'm so glad I finally did! So, here are the brushes next to each other. I thought this picture showed the differences the best.

Expert Face is on the left, and Flat Top Kabuki is on the right.
As you can see, both brushes are very, very dense. The Expert Face is very clearly smaller, so that takes it longer to apply your foundation all over your face. It does not take a very long time, but compared to the F80, it is a little bit longer. The Expert Face Brush can make your foundation  uneven. If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to fix brush strokes, or make sure that all your makeup is even, than you DEFINITELY need the Sigma F80. It perfectly buffs your foundation into your skin without getting cakey. It has never left any brush strokes, unlike the Expert Face, which leaves strokes every time. That is not a problem, if you have time to go over your foundation with a Beauty Blender. Personally, I believe that the F80 is worth the extra $10. Since I have gotten my F80, I have not reached for my Expert Face once. I like my Expert Face brush, but I love my Flat Top Kabuki. When I use my Flat Top Kabuki, my foundation looks airbrushed. When I use my Expert Face Brush, it is really streaky, and can get uneven. When I got my Expert Face Brush, it was the best brush that I had ever had. Now that I have my F80, I  barely give that brush a second thought. I still believe that it is a great brush for the price, but I just like my F80 waaayy more. If I had to make the decision over again, I would definitely get the Flat Top Kabuki! I thought I loved my Expert Face brush, until I got my Flat Top Kabuki.

I hope this helps with any decisions if you are stuck between them! Here is another picture.

2 comments:

  1. Wow we're like completely opposite, haha! I totally ditched my F80 for my Expert Face Brush. I did get streaks with the F80, and the brush hairs would shed and stick to my foundation on my face, which was really annoying. I haven't had any shedding issues with RT brushes, so I'm really happy with them. I'm never really in a hurry when I do my makeup, so I don't have that problem. It's nice to see varying points of view, since everyone is different. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And hmm thats weird! I have never had streaks with my F80, but did all the time with my RT. Whatever works for you I guess! You're right, everybody is different!

      Delete