Monday, August 5, 2013

Mini MAC Haul!

Hi lovelies! What would you get if you could go to MAC with  20% off?! I got this opportunity last week when I went to visit my aunt who works at a MAC counter! I was soo excited! I didn't get as much as I could've, because I still want to buy new shoes and clothes for back to school :) So, I bought three shadows in the colors  (From left to right in the picture) : Free to Be, Da Bling, and Sketch. I also bought the Haute & Naughty Lash mascara, and Cremesheen lipstick in Sunny Seoul.
 
 
 
So first I will talk about the mascara. It is not waterproof, but I don't find that an issue. Usually I tend to go for waterproof formulas but with this mascara you don't need it! It holds curl very well and definitely lengthens and adds volume to your lashes.  So it is one wand, and one formula. How it works is you twist the purple out and add volume and length to your top lashes. Then you untwist the pink one, and when you do this it reveals a less clumpy wand, to more individually define each lash, and add mascara to your lower lashes. The middle picture is the purple part, and is thicker, it collects more product than the pink part. In the picture to the right is the pink wand. When you untwist the pink part, it comes out of the purple wand to reveal a skinnier, less clumpy wand. This is kind of hard to explain so I will post a video on my instagram which is @ pricelyssbeautyblog.


The lipstick Sunny Seoul is a gorgeous pinky-coral color. It is a cremesheen, so I don't use a gloss with it, but of course you could if you wanted to! It is a really creamy formula. I love to wear this lipstick when I have neutral colors on my eyes such as the Naked Basics palette.
The left picture is with a flash and the right is without.
 
 Last but not least we have the eyeshadows! I'm sorry I suck at swatching.. It's a work in progress! I don't do this very often but I got these shadows based off of a tutorial on YouTube. It was posted by +thebeautiverse and I fell in love... I don't know what it was about this look that I adored so much, but when I watched it I just knew I HAD to get those shadows! Okay so from top to bottom is Free to Be, Da Bling, and Sketch. Free to Be is a beautiful coral color, it isn't very pigmented though.. Da Bling is a gorgeous, shimmery, light pink. Its a beautiful color for all over the lid and has good pigmentation. Sketch.. Oh sketch. This is a BEAUTIFUL dark purple. It has a tad bit of shimmer to it, and has burgundy undertones. This color is soooo pigmented! I love it so much. I usually only use browns and purples on my eyes, and I can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. I love my Naked palettes and my Boudoir palette, but I thought it would be good to step out of my comfort zone, and this was an easy way to do it. Color on my eyes scares me, I love my neutrals. But I love this look, and it is perfect for an everyday eye. I cant wait to wear this to school!





2 comments:

  1. Awww SOOO happy that you love your shadows!! Thank you so much for your support and for watching, you are amazing and I LOVE this post!! I must try Sunny Soul lipstick and that mascara for sure!! :)) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for introducing them to me! You are so welcome, I'm so glad I have a great friend like you! :) Thanks for your support as well, and I think you would like them both! I am still dying to try the Mary-Lou Manizer! I just dont have a way of getting it right now.. lol.

    ReplyDelete