Monday, August 12, 2013

Back To School Essentials!

Hi everyone! This post is obviously my back to school must haves! I go back to school in a few days unfortunately.. But, that means I have all my shopping done and I am ready! So this post can relate to girls through middle and high school! And maybe some of the stuff I talk about could be interesting to you too? I mean, I dunno.  Anyway, everyone, no matter what age is going to need a backpack. And let me tell you right now, I am OBSESSED with Vera Bradley. So of course, it was only right for me to get a Vera Bradley backpack. Mine is the Campus Backpack in Va Va Bloom. It's perfect. I love it so much and I never want to use another one! It is the perfect size and durable too. Last year was my first year of high school and my backpack ripped because of the amount of things I had to have with me. It was ridiculous! But that's besides the point. The point is, is that it is perfect size and durability. :)
So now I guess I will continue with the Vera Bradley and just show you the little notecards I purchased. It is the Study Buddy in Lola. I got these for finals, and anything you would need notecards for in school! It has a binder ring that opens so you can clip it on to things! I thought they were super cute and it comes with three separators to keep you organized! :)
So when you open the main compartment/pouch thing, there are some pockets! In it I keep my calculator, school ID, and phone with headphones! My ID is not in the picture because I haven't gotten it yet! Lol. It has a little opening on the top of the backpack to put your headphones through! It also has space for two pens/ pencils but I keep mine in a pencil case. The calculator I have is the only one I will ever use again. It is the TI-30XS. It helped me so much throughout Geometry and Algebra! It is the best calculator I've ever used! My friends even asked to borrow it when they were doing their homework! A good calculator is really important especially in high school! 
 
So of course I have my pencil case!  I have a couple of mechanical pencils because wood pencils are absolutely boring! A few black, blue, and red pens, a highlighter, scissors, and an eraser! I have a Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake because I love that color and it's perfect for any type of makeup you're wearing! I also have a Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer in Caribbean Escape, and Hand Cream in Carried Away.
So in the second pouch of my backpack I have my more beauty related items! I have my Sigma  F30 Large Powder Brush and my MUFE HD Powder for quick touch-ups throughout the day, because really, the brush is super soft and you never know when you're going to get oily! I also  have two minis of my favorite mascaras! I have Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes, and Benefit's They're Real. It's good to have mascara so you can touch up on your eyes throughout the day, or maybe you didn't have time for mascara when you slept through your alarm clock, who knows. And then there is another pouch for I think you know what, girls, you never know when you may leak unexpectedly, and it's nice to be prepared for those times ;)
 It also has two pockets for holding cups on the side because, lets be honest, we all have those mornings when we may need a coffee, or two. 
 
I don't have pictures for these items because they are already in my locker but I thought I would share with you what I keep in my lockerrrr. I have a shelf to put on the bottom so I can fit more things in that tiny space that they expect us to put all of our stuff in. I also have a magnetic organizer that I put on the side of my locker! In my locker I have the boring stuff, you know, folders, notebooks, expandable files, binders.. oh. And speaking of binders, I made the most adorable  Lilly Pulitzer Binder Covers  thanks to something I found on Pinterest! They turn a boring white binder into something cute! And they are monogrammed! Could they get any better? Anyways, I also like to keep some deodorant, mini hairspray, lotion, hair brush, and body spray handy in there too. Because girls tend to need these things. A lot. Also, Tide to-go is nice to have, especially when you spill things on yourself as much as I do. Hair ties and bobby pins. Especially if you play any sports or do anything after school. Last year at cheer practice there was ALWAYS someone who didn't have a hair tie. Or if your having a bad hair day and just need to but those puppies up. You can thank me later when you need one and find some in your locker. Food helps too, I like sweet and salty things, so I keep goldfish, fruit snacks and gum in there for when I start starving. But don't share your gum. Or else you won't have any left and you'll be stuck with goldfish breath allll day.  Good luck to everyone starting school this year and I hope you enjoyed this post! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest post! I love your bag, and the way you talked about everything just took me back to high school ages and ages ago. I wasn't as excited as you are, but I did like having cute supplies. Adorable. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It isn't so mcuh school I like, just shopping for supplies, new clothes, and of course new makeup! ;)

      Delete
  2. I wish i was this organised lol great blog ive nominated you for a Liebster award check out
    http://beautygeekfashionchic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award-nominated-by-tanya.html
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't last long! Lol awh thanks so much!

      Delete